Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Third Week

     Wow. Our first at-home essay. Well, I worked hard on it, so I hope that it will live up to the expectations formed from the reading of my summer reading essay. As I write this, after finishing both the revisions to my essay and the critical reading blog about "Bartleby, the Scrivener", my brain is fried and for some reason the only music I can listen to right now is a cheesy romance song called "Because You Live" by Jesse McCartney.

     And no, I don't know why.

     I cannot help but wonder: is this what will happen every time that I am forced to write intelligently and coherently for long periods of time? Will there be more times when I feel like my brain is oozing out of my ears? Will I now be forced to buy Jesse's songs for my iPod in case I get these feelings when I don't have access to my computer?

     So many questions, none of which I can answer at the moment because of my lack of thinking organ.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Change of topic!
     How about them Google Docs? That was one experience that I enjoyed greatly, I must say. Reading Clay Schubiner's essay while Molly Barry and Michael Thornton were "editing" (and by editing I mean bickering over certain aspects of the essay) was interesting enough without all the pretty colors and good advice that we received from our peers. That was one peer editing tool that I would like to use again, simply because it saves time from using the tried-but-too-slow method of editing one hard copy, one editor at a time. Technology is a wonder, but when your computer in the lab can't even run the internet fast enough, much less open the document in question, it kind of sucks. One would think that a school's computer system would be usable and would work when needed.

     I suppose that usability is another victim of budget cuts.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture! And can I just say, my most favorite brain-draining activity was the TV show "The Love Boat". At beginning, everyone gets on the boat... 1st 15 minutes, people are meeting and hooking up... at 30 minutes, conflicts develop... at 45 minutes, conflicts are resolved... at end of show, everyone leaves the boat and EVERYTHING is hunky-dory! Nice!

    ReplyDelete